Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I want to be crafty.  No, not just crafty.  Crafty and handy.  And mostly handy.  So I have been wasting spending a lot of time looking at blogs lately.  I am envious and jealous of these talented women who turn furniture, or a room or empty space into something magical.  I was reading a "how-to" yesterday and I didn't even understand what kind of supplies I needed.  But the last one on the list #4 = handy husband.  Hmmm, you think Home Depot carries those?

Well, you can't achieve anything if you don't try (Saylor, your mom will say that a lot in the next 18 years).  Sooo, much to Husband's disapproving raised eyebrows and eye rolls, I am going to "update" a bathroom.  Starting small.  Painting cabinets and walls and changing a light fixture.  Seems simple enough to me!  If this is a success, I might make my mother in-law proud (she can build/fix anything).

Now, on to Home Depot where some poor soul in an orange apron will have to spend ridiculous amounts of time answering my rookie questions.  I will fill my cart with things I need, don't need and have no clue how to use.  But the handy husband I stash in the cart has a "honey-do" list a mile long.


No comments:

Post a Comment